Main menu

Pages

8 Things Overthinkers Should Stop Worrying About

Oh hello there! My name is Ari Eastman, a resident notebook and someone who worries until you have an ulcer. Haha, that's awesome, don't worry! In an effort to combat some of my harmful thoughts, I worked on letting go of certain things and tried to approach life in a less stressful way. But hey, the haters will hate him. And thinkers will overthink it, so with all that said, here are a few things you can try so you don't have to worry about it. can we try? maybe. Yes.

1. Who is getting engaged or having a baby on your Facebook timeline

It's not that you shouldn't get excited for them or send a quick text, "Hey, congratulations on the thing you just did!" But why would you let it affect you any other way? I think we're so used to comparing ourselves to each other that it becomes natural to feel left out. And you better believe it's much higher for those of us who think too much. All "Everyone is getting married and I'm just here eating pizza and watching Netflix." But why is it bad? or even good? Your path is just that, yours. So don't worry too much about where others are headed.

2. If someone is interested in you

It's one of those "do as I say and don't do as I do" situations because I spend a lot of time and energy trying to figure out if my crush is crushing her right back. But here's what's blunt and direct: If someone loves you, you'll know it. When we get into the game of parsing text messages, deciphering emojis as if it were some ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic language, it's because we're trying to look for something that probably isn't the. We think we're all pretty complicated, but honestly, when someone really loves you, they're going to make an effort. They will show that they are interested. You don't have to play a guessing game. So if you're worried, stop. Be honest with how you feel and be prepared to be honest right away.

3. Your strange mole

Well, don't ignore any weird moles you have or other concerns. But go to the doctor! Set the necessary dates! Don't obsess over WebMD or the Internet just because it won't help you. It will only scare you. I repeat: stay away from Google search.

4. What does the scale say?

Being healthy is of course important. No one doubts it. I don't know why it should even be said. Nobody says, "Yes, being unhealthy is healthy!" But when you become obsessed with a certain number, it will drive you crazy. I had a very unhealthy summer where I had an eating disorder, but some kind of job. I gained my usual weight in college, and even though I was still a perfectly normal weight, I kept comparing myself to myself as a teenager and that was bad news. I had a number I wanted to hit. Goal. But even when I hit him, I didn't feel good. Even when it's hard, remember that you are more than a stupid number on a scale. How can something like this really measure up to you all?

5. If that person who just looked you in the eye is talking about you

Maybe they weren't. And if they are? Meh. You don't need it. Farewell!

6. Have a 5-year plan

For some people this will work and be a huge motivator. But you may not be one of those people. In fact, the thought of coming up with detailed plans of your distant life might make your little heart flutter in panic. Overthinkers worry about the smallest thing, so something huge is like, I don't know, what the fuck are you going to do with your damn life?!? - It's a lot to deal with. Honestly, no one really knows where they will be in 5 years. Even with the best planning, life has a way of doing what you want. So find a diet that works for you, but don't worry if you're not sure what you want after 5 years. a single year. Hell, until next month.

7. Your GPA

OK wait. cling!!! I come from a family that unparalleled encourages education, a professor of psychology for a father and a researcher/writer for a mother. I believe that education is vital for our development. But, you can learn in many ways. For some career paths, yes, your GPA will be more important. But don't let yourself be defined. Tests are not the only way to assess your spirit or your worth in this world. Don't overthink it to the point of making you sick and reducing your quality of life.

8. What people you don't know think

Now I say this as someone who works on the internet for a living. Do I care what strangers think of me? Oh fuck, yes. I do a lot. I care about my readers and I will care about what they think. But is it a guide for my life? If someone hates what I have to say, will that derail my whole day? No. I won't allow it. I think we thinkers should approach life this way. Even if you don't work online, this may apply to you. How often do we get nervous about what strangers will think of us? We become self-aware in society, which is normal, but don't let that get in the way of your lifestyle. Do, what if someone doesn't like it? OKAY. They don't have to.

Comments